Monday, March 17, 2008

Sleep... or the lack thereof

Sleep these days is quickly becoming a fleeting memory - or at least good sleep is. Being able to sleep, wake up, and move to a different position with little to no pain is something that just doesn't occur now. Not only is it painful to move positions but it takes a very slow and coordinated effort to do so. My hips now start to cramp up in the middle of the night from sleeping/laying on that particular side too long. So then it is the 10 minute changeover to laying on my other side with that hip cramping after about 1.5 - 2 hours of sleep.

I have to keep telling myself that it will all be over soon; however, I have the distinct feeling that I am just kidding myself into believing that and sleep as I once knew it is gone forever.

Since I am working from home from here on out, my alarm clock has officially been turned off. Now if I could just figure out how to turn off the dog's alarm clocks, I would be in great shape. They will both harass me (not Paul for some odd reason) until I get out of bed and then they go back to sleep. They have such an easy life...

No comments: