Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Week 37 Update

After Monday's visit to the doctor's office due to a fast developing rash on my abdomen, all has calmed down on the baby front... sort of.

Today's checkup started out eventful with the nurse coming in to check the baby's heartbeat. She got to hear it for a second then it disappeared.... She tried for several minutes to find it again but to no avail. In comes the doctor with the ultrasound machine to see what he was up to. We were able to see his little heart pumping away and his chest moving in a breathing motion. Good news!

Since the norm for my blood pressure seems to be high when first checked then fine after they have had me lay down for a few minutes, they decided to then hook me up to the fetal monitor to see how fast his heart was beating and to see how my contractions were going. Little one was NOT happy about that fetal monitor. He did his best to kick and stretch to get rid of it, so since he couldn't get it to move, he got peeved enough to have a long (4 minute) bout of the hiccups.

Contractions are becoming a normal part of my morning routine now. I keep hoping they are helping me make some progress however, I'm still at 0 on the dilation scale. UGH!! I also got the lecture today that I am not resting enough so it will be interesting to see how I am able to move around my work schedule to accomodate some more rest during the day.

Oh, and the rash... Doing much better today after some benadryl and cortaid cream treatments however this is part of my new routine from here on out.

No comments: