Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Week 38 - The Journey continues...

So I'm beginning to feel a little like a really run down Energizer bunny these days. I have to keep going and going but the batteries are starting to run really low.

Today's doctor's visit was more of a pep talk from the doctor to me, reminding me that I am less than 2 weeks away from my due date and that she understands that I am ready to be done. When I walked in the exam room, it was very obvious that I was tired and that I have not been sleeping good at night. I have started taking naps on a daily basis and that seems to help get me through the day.

Baby's heartbeat was strong and easy to hear. There was a student nurse following my nurse around today so I was used a little like a guinea pig for her to be able to get some experience in an OB office. No big deal, just more people in the room.

Since my blood pressure has been consistent with its ups and downs during a visit, the doctor decided to go ahead and do some blood work just to make sure there is no preeclampsia lurking around and just do a baseline check on all of my levels.

I'm still not dilated at all, however, as part of the pep talk my doctor tried to reassure me that with a lot of first time babies that there is no dilation until labor actually starts.

Final thought - it is a full moon on Friday. Place all the bets you want but I'm not convinced that the feisty one is anywhere near ready to make an appearance. Paul would like him to hold out over the weekend so we can get some more work done on the nursery. We shall see...

No comments: